Monday, December 22, 2008

Time of the season

~Vacation is better than I could have imagined. I was expecting it to be overshadowed by jury duty, but at 8 this morning when I arrived to the courthouse and checked in the lady at the desk took my name and then told me, "Well, we're good for today. Thanks for coming, that will count for your jury duty." And I was summarily excused to leave. I got halfway down the hall before I realized I had forgotten something just as important as showing up and ran back in to the reception area, "Do I validate my parking here?" Now I am free to enjoy the rest of my vacation.

~My brother had his three wisdom teeth taken out this morning while I was at jury duty and then shopping. When he got home my mom sat him on the couch and turned around for a moment to get an ice pack. As soon as her eye was off of him he jumped up and tried to make a break for the door. We got him settled down and he has spent most of the day in a drug induced slumber, and I have sat next to him making sure he doesn't get any funny ideas.

~I'd forgotten what it is like to sit on a couch and eat junk food while watching Lord of the Rings. It has been so very long.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

sweet... i like that you got your parking validated... its one of the most important things in life